Finding her way through Education: Shuchi, Lead The Change'13

"Find the Courage to take the first step and the rest will fall in place." 

As Shuchi joined us for Lead The Change, a Youth Alliance initiative seven months back she was perhaps contemplating taking the much required first step. Straight out of college and at a loss of purpose and direction she dabbled in different things until she found a calling in Education . She went on to volunteer at Manzil, a Youth Empowerment and Learning Centre where she strives to teach Mathematics and English.




She is also working as a team member at Youth Alliance. About her association with Youth Alliance, she says, "Amongst the many things and people which make YA special, there is also the fact that its the place where I found myself. I don't think I have ever belonged at any place the way I have seemed to belong here. It is the place which took my fears away or at least taught me a way to negotiate with them. It is also the place which gives me the strength to dream and the confidence to think that dreams do turn into reality,with a lot of hard work and passion of course."

Interested in understanding the nuances and the threads of the Education System in the country, she is currently looking to pursue a course in Education. Being a writer at heart, she also hopes to be able to take it to a much deeper and more meaningful level. With love and affection, we wish Shuchi all the best for her endeavors. 


Comments