Exploring his Footprints: Neel, Gramya Manthan '13

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” 


Neel, an alumnus of Gramya Manthan’13, a Youth Alliance initiative has been trying to do exactly that and more. Currently working at Thomas Reuters, a multimedia and information firm, Neel is also volunteering with a range of organizations working on various social issues.




In 2013 he joined ‘Paint Our World’ a Charitable Trust dedicated to empowering the lives of underprivileged children who have been orphaned and have gone through trauma like child sexual abuse. He is also the Communications Head of Becoming I Foundation which is an internationally recognized youth led organization that mobilizes young people into engaging with community development issues. Apart from this he is involved in various other social activities and has also recently been selected for Summer School Program for Future Leaders in Development in May 31- July 11, 2014, Udaipur, India which will be offered by some of the most Prestigious Institutes of India & United States.

About his experience about being a part of Youth Alliance, he says, “Gramya Manthan 2013 was a life changing experience I have ever had. It happened when I was looking exactly for a change in my career. This journey took me to unexplored areas in life so far and made me do things that I personally would never think of doing it alone by coming out of my comfort zone. This journey which I spent with likeminded people gave me more time to understand about myself.”

Neel wants to continue on his journey and wishes at this immediate point to pursue a course in Development Studies. He wants to contribute as significantly to humanity as he can and with the drive and passion that he holds we are sure Neel will go a long way in his journey.


Comments