7-Day Kindness Experiment: Day 7


We can do no great things, only small things with great love. -Mother Teresa


The Idea: Is there a janitor who comes regularly to clean up your dorm? Does your apartment building have a groundskeeper who tidies up the common spaces? Or perhaps you and your housemates take turns cleaning different areas with a chore chart? Whatever your cleaning set-up, find an opportunity today to surprise someone by helping with a chore! Maybe it's your roommate's turn to clean the bathroom, or your housemate promised to wash a stack of dishes but was running late this morning. Or perhaps the janitor is cleaning while you're around and you've got some time to help out. Put on your chore radar today and make someone's day by unexpectedly pitching in with their task. These things always get done faster when done together, and you might even get to hear some interesting stories as you bond with the janitor or building groundskeeper!


Share your reflection on the form linked here. As we move forward, all stories are being updated on our blog (in the comments). You can share yours and read others thoughts and leave a reply to motivate them too. 

READ STORIES AND REFLECTIONS in the comments of blog for each day Kindness Experiment. 

Inspiration & Support: KindSpring

Comments

  1. Shashank says:
    'I had great time doing some household chores or giving a hand. I have come to fall in love with home-making - including cooking. I made some salad at a friend's place. Made Upma for dinner for my sister. And I felt so beautiful when it turned out to be good and she liked it. It was amazing.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early morning when I read this I felt good about it. I usually work in kitchen with my wife but today I was motivated to expand my boundaries. My team was supposed to work from my home today and 4 team members had to come by 9am, so I made sure that one dish is ready before they come. It felt so good when everyone enjoyed the breakfast together.

    During afternoon, I helped Sudha(my team mate) while she was washing utensils. The work becomes fun when friends come together :) In the evening I prepared raita for everyone.

    Usually I dont participate so much in kitchen activities, it is like I help in one or two things in the entire day but today it went so good. I feel so glad to become part of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment