7-Day Kindness Experiment: Day 2



'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. [It] expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. -Alice Walker

The Idea: The daily whirl of our lives is supported by the steadfast contributions of so many unsung heroes. From the person who delivers your mail, and the one who collects your garbage, to the bus driver who gets you to school or work on time, and the police officers who help keep your neighborhood safe. Today is your chance to celebrate one of them! Make time to express your gratitude verbally. And if you want to step-it-up think of a small gift you can surprise them with and accompany it with a personalized Thank You card. Because everyone appreciates appreciation.

REFLECT AND SHARE
Share your reflection on the form linked here, and by the end you'll have a collection of beautiful entries in one place! We will keep updating the stories on our blog.

Inspiration & SupportKindSpring

Comments

  1. Shashank shared:
    "I remain in a rush generally, running from one thing to another. In this way of life, I try to thank policeman frisking me in the metro or the rickshaw wale bhaiya. But stopping and engaging in real conversation has been out of my comfort zone. For the kindness experiment I thought to go in the uncomfortable territory. First, I felt moved to thank a traffic policeman working hard in the rough sun of Delhi on a one way route. I approached him, to say 'Thank you' and may be talk. I said 'Thank you bhaiya, aap bohot achese mehnat kar rahe ho' He did not react. Seemed a little confused. But our eyes met and it felt healing. Next moment i wanted to start a conversation but he went back to his work, it was a busy hour.
    Second, we did it in a group. With my two friends, Ashita Di and Prakhar Bhaiya. Ashita Di suggested to go to policemen. We instantly found them where we were. We bought three ice-creams. Just went up to them said thank you and offered the ice-creams. They were welcoming. They offered us, home-made churma. It was tasty. We had a small conversation. This time, they went out of their way to continue the conversation. They even insisted us to stay back and talk more, but we had to go. It was a very enjoyable experience. :)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priya Maria shared her beautiful story here:
    "I had a meeting to attend at the Korean Cultural Center, I was completely lost for a while. I did not know which route to take. My phone was also not working. I asked help from a police officer and he was kind enough to help me whereas other pedestrians were only too busy. I thanked the Sir (policeman) and felt really good.

    After the meeting I went to Rajeev Chowk and I was aghast to see an old man crumbling down. He had vomitted blood along with other substances. It was a gruesome image. I felt reassured to see men helping the old man who was probably a beggar . It gave me a sense that humanity has not been completely lost."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment