Pad-Yatra helps me witness my vulnerability

Contributor: Ashita Mall



Have been thinking about why every time Pad-Yatra emails are being floated, I go bonkers !!

I am not too sure if it's the Nature, people, Youth Alliance or just me. Keeping the question alive in me, below is my experience of this Pad-Yatra. :)

I think it is very important to live for self, sometimes. Journeys like Pad-yatra gives me an opportunity to know myself better. It is always an enriching experience amidst mountains, pine trees, cold breeze and strangers:) I say strangers for it is always beautiful to witness the shift from not knowing anyone and not willing to go out of the comfort zone to ending up sharing food, singing and dancing with them like there is no tomorrow.

This Pad-Yatra was special in a way that I could witness my vulnerability and was ok about it. I could realize my fear of separation which I knew existed but never thought was so deep. The silent walk gave me a chance to make myself heard in the silence and went out all the heaviness I was carrying unknowingly. In many treks that we did, it was a blissful experience to look at the same mountains from wherever, making me feel of being looked after.



The crying circle(not sure of the name though) which happened has been my dream for a long time and Youth Alliance (again) took care of it. Opening up to our fears/pain and building a courage to talk about it in open and being able to say "I don't want this in my life anymore", in the most protective environment made me witness the magic of sharing, strength of healing, believe in the power of empathy, love and hugs even more.

There were times when I could relate to so many people around me in the most unsaid ways for which I am grateful to them for believing in the space we were in and opening up. Pad-Yatra is a lovely way to make you love your self. It is a beautiful way to make Nature a part of our permanent life. It is a way to heal ourselves.

Thank you Youth Alliance for doing this, every time, every single time :)

Gratitude!!

Comments

Popular Posts