As we walk together this Saturday

Contributor: Shashank Kalra

Recently I returned from Ahmadabad, I am slowly getting in sync with the flow at Youth Alliance. And for the past 2 days I have been thinking why we are doing this journey to Kausani at all. I felt called to share what I have in me about why we are doing it. Its not fully felt and thought, I am hoping it will emerge as I complete this write-up.


First thing, I feel is the way it originated. the seed of this journey emerged in a candid discussion after an ONUS session in January. Since it was planted, one of us took lead to nurture it. And all of us came together enthusiastically believing in the idea. And here we are, day after tomorrow we will board the train to manifest this little idea of journey into reality. 

Second, I feel its so much more about the journey this time. Its definitely about Kausani but more so its about our padh-yatra from Ranikhet to Kausani. I want to talk about the 'Walk' aspect a little later. At the deeper level, we all are collectively going on a journey. However, each one of us will have a different experience, we shall see what our vision accepts and we shall learn what we are ready to learn. And that's the journey- what happens in each one of us. 

Thirdly, its about us. September 5, it was. It rained cats and dogs. And we came together, in the spirit of a parivaar. To walk together. For me, this journey to Kausani and back marks an important milestone in our longer walk. Here on, we shall step across this threshold of ONUS. Our roles in ONUS shall change, what will bring us together will change too. As I write this, I have this deep sense of sentiment, that I feel for each one of you out there. You have been like little siblings to me, and I love you so much. And I hope our love gives us wings and frees us to fly and not bind. On this journey to Kausani, I guess we are going to step down from the role of facilitators and just be true friends. 

Fourthly, its the trust. We haven't planned it too much. None except one of us have been there before. We are trusting ourselves that we shall take care of each other. Walk together. And be witness to each one and ourselves. The tatva (spirit) shall lead to create the tantra (structure) and not the other way round. I feel we are ready to create such a experience and be witness to it.

Lastly, its the WALK. Walk in nature with the sight of 300 kms of Himalayas, loving people of the hills. I am so keenly looking forward to the walk part of it. Jayesh Bhai, says WALK means, W: Witness, A: Accept, L: Learn and K: Know Thyself. Walking has had special significance in our traditions too. I guess, it is the most natural way of journeying. Of being present to the journey. And to each event on the way. And on the inside. So the question is are you living 'the walking.' Are you being a witness, are you able to accept what is, are you learning on the way and are you able to see how what you witness, accept and learn tells something about yourself. 



Comments