Learning from Ground Zero : Arvinder,Gramya Manthan'12

“Passion is energy.Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you”-Oprah Winfrey.


Arvinder Singh, our passionate Alumni from Gramya Manthan’12 lives this thought each moment,each day. Wishes to study the world, his long term plan is to explore the third world countries and work with some organization which works for the exploration of natural resources to find new options for energy in the future and ultimately share this profit in the rural areas not only in India but across the entire world.

Currently volunteering with Youth Alliance,he says,” Working with Youth Alliance has taught me that working on ground realities in any field helps to refine your plans and ultimately your goals, therefore for me, deciding a goal is always under process. Youth alliance, as I always say, brings immense joy to my heart. A place, platform, family, team which has taught me to know my inner self better.

Arvinder with his team at Gramya Mantha
About his time in Gramya Manthan, he says” While working in Gramya Manthan(GM), I learnt the importance of introspecting the ground conditions in their realistic form and then forming some sort of judgement, looking for its pros and cons, dry run of the solution structure and then finally implementing it but its acceptance by the village people being a prerequisite.
On personal level, Youth Alliance helped me to explore my inner strength, which lies in my thought process in special reference with rural India. Being from a village, I never really pondered about the hardships in the village because they are not really the hardships. It's just a perspective of watching things and making a comparison with more developed places in terms of facilities and infrastructure.
And working in GM challenged my older perspective and helped me to form a whole new concept of rural India and urban India.”

His willingness to work and learn more by on-ground action, dealing with the challenges at the basic level and hence taking some learning from there to the next possible step, firmly tells us how passionate he is about his feelings, so we wish luck to this brave soul and hope he achieves all that he aims for.


Comments