'A journey into the unknown'

Contributor: Priya Maria

Padh-Yatra 2016 was for me a journey into the unknown. One which turned out to be extremely fruitful and enriching. Tired with the monotonous life of the city, the heat and the pollution, traffic and crowd adding to the grievance, Life, had become quite boring and frustrating. I felt like I was trapped and I needed to get OUT!

Padh Yatra - the journey of love, trust, understanding and acceptance moved me so much that it just made me cry, laugh and smile at the same time. The beautiful scenery, the freshness of the air, the chill breeze, icy cold river water and then the rays of the sun giving us warmth felt like heaven.

Walking silently and barefoot on the first day for 45 minutes made me realize all the things that I had been missing. There has always been a longing deep inside my heart that craved to be one with nature. Listening to the melodies of the birds, the music of the river, the sound of the breeze felt so good. It was like the nature was welcoming me back.



It made me think deep and I realized that in life when people fail me, when everything I have or thought I had would be lost, nature, is one home I can always go back to. The fellow travellers of the Padh-Yatra who I can proudly call "dost" will always have a special place in my heart. For their love and support. For accepting me just the way I am.


Coming from diverse backgrounds we got together and got along so well that it felt like we knew each other for ages. Kindness, compassion, empathy and above all the love which was emanating from each one of you made the Yatra a truly memorable experience.

Comments