Loving Kindness: Gramya Manthan Journey

Contributor: Anisha Gupta

2nd Jan 2016
12:26 p.m

My story about Gramya Manthan has always begun from "I was a participant in Gramya Manthan last year" while writing and reflecting I realize that my story begins with GM because while I was living my life, my journey to know myself and world in a deeper way embarked with Gramya Manthan. Being part of this space earlier I was aware of the shift that GM was about to bring in those 9 days but how and in what form that shift was to seep in my life, I had no clue about it. Meanwhile, I was feeling drawn to the silent spaces and peace that resided in Sabarmati Ashram. The chirping of birds every time I walked under the trees was a beautiful reminder of life to me.

While the excitement for me had initiated during writing emails and phone calls with everyone who were coming to be a part of program, I didn't know if this excitement was going to settle or rise with the beginning of program where I was finally putting faces with smiles to each of your voice and words I have heard. The learning-unlearning experience for me began at the moment as I listened to everyone to share what brings them to Gramya Manthan. It happened when I became part of the life stories people shared, it happened when I saw how fear and hesitation during trust fall lead to our openness to trust and be challenged. It happened when I witnessed the selfless act of services that stretched our physical and emotional capabilities.


Let's all hold each other, challenge each other and bow down creating and holding space together.

"Sometimes we think we have it all figured out, sometimes we think we're lost and sometimes we find freedom amidst figuring out and being lost and that's when we began to dream. There were moments I constantly questioned myself, other people, the action and intention and the world as a place to live in all. There also came a moment when answers to those questions itself unfolded for me. In that moment I understood, I empathized, I loved and I accepted. Gramya Manthan has rekindled my faith not just in myself but in this world, to be more loving, kind and accepting."

When love resides everywhere.

There were times I was pushed to the edge, I realized how love and faith had the power to fill me with the desire to surrender. How I was able to look beyond the "I". How I redefined my idea of receiving and giving. How I was able to find strength in my weaknesses. Every day as the night got a little darker and stars shined a little brighter, I could imagine our existence in this vast world that was created.

It is the magic that each one of us creates for each other by our presence, expression, emotion or action and the magic that sparkles our own heart with joy and happiness. Every time we came in a circle, we poured our hearts out and with such kindness it was held by the circle. This little poem captures my emotion being amid you all as every time we came in the circle, it was a garden of hearts for me.

A garden of hearts

The wandering soul and the lost heart,
venture into a wild card.

Strange faces, welcoming smiles,
Life takes a pause, time continues to fly.

Something moves inside, something shifts,
inside the soul, every emotion lifts.

I find myself in a garden of hearts
Trees and breeze, in a world apart.

"To the magic and spark that our stories created as we collided and collaborated, I hope many more stories emerged during this journey of life."

Comments

Popular Posts