..the best days of my college life!

Contributor: Kriti Nangia

On the morning of 5th September (2014), I had no idea that the following 2 days would be the best days of my college life. I was filled with anxiousness of meeting new people and had a fear of leaving the day-to-day comforts behind. But as I entered Gandhi Ashram (in Delhi), the anxiousness magically turned into calmness. The place was so serene and calm. It's difficult to say what was the most beautiful thing about the place. Was it the greenery? Or the silence? Or the temple in which we would sit each morning? 


In no time, 13 strangers became friends! The best part about this was that I hadn't met anyone personally and after about 5 hours, I didn't feel they were even acquaintances let alone strangers. Youth Alliance team were splendid catalysts, in helping us come together and forge deep bonds based on trust and compassion. It's wonderful as to how the games and sessions arranged by the team helped us get closer to our fellow comrades. Each of the activity/seminar had so much of learning that every hour was filled with surprise and enthusiasm. Excitement was brimming in me for each activity. Be it for the treasure hunt (trust fall specifically), life map session, the listening game, session with Ravi Bhaiya and Anshu Bhaiya, walking with my new friends and scrumptious food (halwa, paranthas, tea, samosa and what not!) :P Everything was enthralling, mostly because we didn't have much idea about what's going to happen next! After 3 days, when it was time to go back home I had a bag full of memories and experiences with me. Subconsciously an impact was created, which made me more calm and relaxed. The fear of reaching out to new people in my college broke. There was a renewed vigour and cheer in me! 


Comments

Popular Posts