Reflections on Gramya Manthan

Contributor: Neeti Gadgoli


So, it has been a fortnight now since I decided to take that leap of faith and man, has it paid off or what! I was skeptical of attending a 9 day rural immersion program called "Gramya Manthan" organized by Youth Alliance. Most friends and family said I wouldn't be able to survive the ordeal in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh and that it was a bad idea. I went ahead with it anyway and here I am 15 days later, thanking my stars that I did make it to the program. It has by far been one of the best learning experiences of my life. I went in with apprehension and zero expectation and by the end of the 9th day there was exuberance, positivity, warmth and love filled in me which had seemed like an inconceivable idea just a week ago. The beautifully designed concept makes you examine your roots, think about who you really are and helps you rediscover yourself, it forces you to challenge yourself and sure does gets you out of your comfort zone. I learnt to be more empathetic, to not be so rigid, to not just give but also to receive from others without it weighing down on one's conscience and most of all I learnt that there is no barrier that love cannot overcome. The entire team of Youth Alliance which was so full of affection and optimism engulfed each participant in a blanket of warmth and love that it was bound to be contagious. I have made ties that I know will last for a lifetime.The program was a 9 day affair but I'm sure I can speak for everyone who was present there that it has had such a profound impact on each one of us that, we will carry it with us for many many years to come and cherish the memories forever. I only hope that I will be able to help in ensuring that this circle never stops growing.


--
Neeti hails from Bangalore and was a participant of Gramya Manthan 2015. 

Comments