I feel like a kid

Contributor: Rahul Batra

Reality showers are always desired for every step in life. I still remember how I used to run for the door no matter who knocked, I guess the same happens to me when some opportunity comes knocking. We feel obliged for whatever we get unexpectedly. This post has strictly nothing to do anything in relation to professional lives.


If I were a kid, I would still not waste my time on the video games or internet, but rather still play cricket or cycle around all day. I clearly remember when I was in 6th class; I came across the word “friend” for the first time in my life. We had a gang, all different personalities; someone would be dumb enough not being able to understand even a simple joke. And someone would share my deep thoughts about life. Someone would be my party buddy, and someone would be my guide. And someone obviously would hate me for no reason.

When I came to Lead The Change (a program by Youth Alliance), I found myself to be yet again 12 year old and found similar friends. The adventure continues for every second and so does the uncertainty. It is about the laughter we share and not about debates we do. We might fail to understand each other, but we will definitely try until we do. You might hate me for some reason, but I am no harmful, I am a saint with a vision to achieve something and I want to walk with you.


I can discuss politics, history and even business with you, I feel like a kid when I realize I am fighting with you, and the very next moment it will be all forgotten. I feel like a kid when you interrupt or make a valid point with your soft words. I feel like a kid when you try to dominate and I know it’s useless. I feel like a kid when I can’t stop laughing. I feel like a kid when I know you have to be dealt with care. I also feel like a kid when we talk about random topics and we figure out we love similar things in life.


We might be of different age groups, from different backgrounds, different professions, might have lived altogether a different life, but can’t we share a common goal. You make me strong, yet I feel weak, you mark my journey and still it is blank. I want to jump, fly, run and even fall, but I am scared, yet I feel like a kid.


Comments