A Sweet Little Irony


Contributor: Ajay Sharma


There are abundant feelings of deja vu nowadays. I came across similar faces and situations which I feel had already happened to me. Anyways my task these days is to monitor the quality of air inside kitchen and measure the impact of these emissions on the health of women who cooks. I do this by installing certain devices inside kitchen area of households.


Too technical, the point here is I crash a completely unknown household kitchen everyday and stays with them during every meal, and experience crazy things. I just happened to visit a family with three children, the mother and me were conversing about various things while she was cooking. She was worried that her son (youngest of siblings) do not pay any attention to studies, doesn't do her homework and so many things. Just then the small kid handed me his textbook to explain a story to him, which goes like this:

"Who did Patrick's Homework?Patrick use to hate doing his homework and felt that it was boring.Then one day he found an Elf (man of tiniest size) who granted him a wish that he will do all his homework for the whole semester.Patrick couldn't believe how lucky he was.The Elf started doing his homework except there were few glitches, "I didn't know this word" the elf use to squek and Patrick has to help him by looking the word in dictionary. Similarly,He has to sit down and guide him to do calculations.He use to go to library as the elf demanded more and more books to study.Finally the last day of semester arrived , Patrick shockingly got all the A's and the elf was ready to leave as promised. 

You see, in the end, Patrick still thought he had made the tiny man do all his homework.

Amazingly me and the kid found ourselves in the story. But you know what the secret is - It wasn't the elf: Patrick had done it himself."


Comments