Krishna : Engineer "Sahab"

While on my field visit to villages , although I had a lots of memoirs to share across, but the one I am sharing is close to my heart, because it was my last day of the visit for around sixty minutes and the kind of attachment, bonding it had created , made myself promise to the kids there to visit them again in the month of September. The youngest kid I met there , Krishna , I will always remember him.

The moment I was entering their village, and he came running to me with open arms to hold him high on my shoulders, with innocent cute smiling face and made me think, whether it was happiness that I gave him being present there or it was him who made me smile?

I kept on asking his name for around 5-10 minutes but he didn't speak. His brother Saumya told me that we call him Engineer "Sahab". Every one among the population of 200 odd villagers gave them this title. I was wondering what made him receive this nickname? I got my answer in next 30 minutes I spent with him and I believed they gave him the apt title.

Me with Engineer Sahab ( Krishna)

Lots of technicalities being discussed with Him.










  















There was a Banyan tree in the village where we had gathered, and every other young kid there was trying to conquer the heights of this giant tree. He suddenly requested me , opening his lips for the first time, saying , "I want to climb this tree , please Bhaiya?" . Since he was around 3 years of age, I told him when you will grow  old enough like your brother, you can also climb the tree. Quite logical answer I must say in that times.

But the reaction and counter defense he presented to me , made me apologize for the statement I made to him. His exact words goes like this.

"Acha , Bhaiya aap to bade ho , aap chadke dikhao!!" (Awestruck)

( Oh, You are old enough than my brother, why don't you climb the tree!!)

And he kept smiling even more.

truly and aptly he is Engineer Sahab of his village.  I just complemented him with smile and he suddenly was enjoying his time with all of us present there.

I believe the villages in India has lots of potential to revolutionize the modern India, if they are lead by the future leaders of India. i.e. the kids of villages, who if given proper direction and platform to excel.


- Shalabh Agarwal

(Changeagent from GM '12)

Comments

  1. There is no special direction and particular direction to excel in life ,for either the Leaders or the followers or the Leader-Followers or the Follower-Leaders.
    There is only one direction in life,which we are neglecting and that is to go as closest to Nature,Nature of Nature from where we have all evolved and therefore ,all lessons can be learnt and all directions can be had from Nature and Nature only.
    This is what ,I sincerely feel and understand.Please correct me ,if I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment