GM Flashback 1

"Connecting India to Bharata " - its time to unveil the deepest meaning earthed in this line that incorporates vastness, varieties, diversities that had been our culture since ancient times - the villages. Our strength to success lies in the villages and the common vision to connect the modern Indian with ancient Bharata had brought the like minded people on the common platform to take this initiative forward. 40 Change agents , 3 villages , 5 major basic problems and 10 days to develop the bond among us and with the villagers and work together.
This is the perfect stage where as said by our leader Prakhar Bhartiya - 

"Everyone among us is like a plain canvas here, we are here to paint our experiences and add color to their lives."

For me the first day of the 9-days long event kicked off in the train on its way to Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. Among 40 change agents who were selected for the journey, most of them had already reached Kanpur, and I was sad as I was not able to be the part of the first day program. I was wondering how would I be reacting  to the situation there, whether I would be able to connect with each of them despite being late and other weird thoughts were pondering. But to my surprise when I reached there, there was a different perspective of the people all around, I got a welcoming note by all moreover I met for the first time with Mr. Iyer Ji , who  were so kind to help me with my luggage and showing me the room and guiding us finally to the dinner. Thank a lot Iyer Ji , for making me feel comfortable on the very first day. 

Later I came to know I missed a lot with to be explored, especially a life mapping session that connects each one of us so intensely bonded. It was all about revealing your life since childhood, school days, college days and thereafter, the ups and down, the pros and cons and sorrows and happiness. The best thing about this session was everybody shared everything one had gone through the life and what in the ends lands them here at Gramya Manthan , every one comes out with his or her life with no lies that developed the sense of trust, understanding and respect towards each other.

By the time I was back with dinner we had a session with the honorable orthopedic doctor and surgeon who was working in villages since many years to impart their services. The session with him was so encouraging and light heartening that it dissolved all my tiredness into fumes. After having such a wonderful evening, I was excited, anxious and curious about the upcoming next day which for sure going to be even more blissful, entertaining, sharing and above all lots to learn with each one of the change agents present  in the vicinity. 

And believe me there was lots of excitement under the belt in coming days.

- Shalabh Agarwal

(Changeagent from GM '12)

Comments