Did I just experience Infinity?: Dhanush's reflection of Gramya Manthan

Contributor: Dhanush Wali


Right from the starting when Vani told me it’s an amazing experience and I must try it, my first question to her was what kind of activities do we do there. Though I was the one who approached her to ask about this program she told me nothing but just that its an amazing experience and the discussions that happen there would change my perspective towards life. Maybe she keeping up the suspense did a lot of good because as the program started, no volunteer/facilitator was ready to reveal the next day’s schedule. This built up my curiosity and made me experience each and every moment to its fullest because I could not form any preconceptions and observe every activity and be a part of it physically and mentally. 



The experience we just had in the village coupled with such well planned activities resonated to such a level that it struck me somewhere hard on my head. Though the concept that I inculcated during that program was so simple, the process through which I learnt changed my view towards all people, societies and the whole world. There was a moment where I felt this whole world was born to love me. I opened my eyes only to find a hand over my lap and 2 more over my shoulders and my cheeks drenched with tears. May be that was the infinity I experienced.

Gramya Manthan is a program that cannot be explained but only be experienced.

Comments