Love and Acceptance: Shaqib's Reflection from Gramya Manthan

Contributor: Shaqib


Gramya Manthan is the first ever program of my life wherein I got to experience and attend a such program that too like this. Truly it's been a privilege attending this program. Specially, the chance to meet the people around the corners of India gave me a deep sense of learning. Normally people travel around the world and learn but for me meeting so many people from around India, it was like I had all my eggs in the same basket at the same time.


One of the life-changing milestones that struck me throughout the experience was that within a couple of hours of conversation those people of the village were ready to provide me with food and shelter for the night considering all the facts that the culture of cities and villages are completely unlike each other. It was still mesmerizing moment for me to have a shelter and food just like that at stranger’s place in a snap.


The two big words I carry on my shoulder while returning from the village are acceptance and trust. In addition to that the compassion and the sense of humanity will stay forever in the core of my heart with all due respect towards my co-participants and the whole team of Gramya Manthan. Few words to describe this feeling for my beautiful folks:

یہ دل کا ہر ریزہ، ریزے کا ہر دل، یوجھے چاہیگا؛

بس ایک نظرکرم ہو جانا، ہم پھر سنور جاینگے

(ये दिल का हर रेज़ा, रेज़े का हर दिल, तुझे चाहेगा,
बस एक नज़-रे-करम हो जाना, हम फ़िर संवर जाएंगे।)

Comments

Popular Posts