Meghna shares her journey: GM 2017 in Kanpur

Contributor: Meghna Rathore

My journey was a little rough, but very fruitful. I am glad I chose Gramya Manthan over Goa, as Goa would have impacted me for only a short time span whereas GM has left a life long impact on me. Since day one GM has forced me to focus on myself, to pay attention to myself, my thoughts, my desires. This was very difficult for me to do as I had lost interest in myself and my life. All I ever thought of was work and career. 

The sessions we had in GM were thought to provoke and enlighten as well. The trust fall we had to do on the very first day was a teaser of the roller coaster ride we were about to have in the coming 8 days. New learnings and experiences came with every new day. The team of facilitators of GM was one big party! Such diverse, fun and loving personalities! They keep looking out for you every now and then.  
The sessions that impacted me the most were the life map session where I got to be a part of everyone's personal life, their high moments as well as low moments. And it proved to me that moving on is the only key to life! Next are the sessions with Eshwar Sir! Most memorable and fun sessions of GM were with him!

The most thrusting part of this program was the visit to the villages, the interactions that unfolded with the villagers and the immense love that we received. The love and care I received at Paliya were selfless and pure. I had nothing to give them, still, I was at the receiving end, which is quite unusual in the outer world. I had the most beautiful night of my entire life in Badi Pailya where I slept on a khatiya under the open sky. The stars twinkling with the blinking of my eyes. It was a beautiful picture! Of the stars so close, crescent moon on the right side, and a soft breeze blowing my tiredness away. The morning was equally peaceful with Dadi sitting on my side waiting for me to wake up.

"I saw my inhibitions slowly shedding in front of the villagers, from being super nervous about talking to strangers to going to random houses and sitting there chatting and sipping tea with them!"

Last but not the least, was the blindfold appreciation session. That night was magical as well as mystical. So many people said such beautiful things to me but unfortunately, I could not identify some of them as they spoke in hushed voices in my ear. My soul was touched! I just wish I knew who all spoke what to me so that I could appreciate them in a better way.

This journey taught me many things directly and indirectly as well.I had some of the best memorable talks with some people. They all have a very special place in my heart. Met many influential people and learned a lot about life. It was a constructive break from my daily life. Attending Gramya Manthan was one of the best decisions of my life.

Read more stories of Gramya Manthan here.

Comments