Leading from Within

Contributor: Anisha Gupta

It was 25th December, Re-lead starting in next week in a city 1000 km away from Delhi. Talks initiated but were not carried forward at my home about going to Mumbai. I had given up on the idea of attending the workshop more so ever because I had my head preoccupied with so many other things that made me lazy to take any steps for myself. As always I procrastinated, I delayed, let it hang for a little more while and at last I almost cancelled the plan.

Until it all happened after one call from my Aunt who had a spare ticket to Bombay, asking to leave in a day. So, I'm gonna link this to universe here. Universe has it's ways and callings. Universe gives the signals and you just have to grab them.

Relead is a program to that meet your authentic self, a program taking each one of us on a reflective journey which we often miss these in the race of competition. As the program started with a sharing circle of what do you expect from Relead, a question whose answer I knew still was not able to articulate because I was scared to say out loud that I feel stuck, I don't see my life going anywhere, I don't know what I want to do with my life - my head had lately been preoccupied with pretty much all of it.

Sessions started for the next 3 days, 27 hours with 15 people and insightful sharing around the 9 ras (emotions), Failures, Integrity, Courage, Life Control, Career Anchors and Life Designs.The texture and energy each emotion has to the faces of failures. I became a better judge of own actions. I became a better judge of the outcome that those actions and my intentions resulted. It helped me accept my own self, made me comfortable in my own skin.

From various perspectives shared around success, ambitions and capabilities and exploring your strengths and appreciating them, I think all this while I just need some tools to reach to those areas and find answers and if not answers some hints about myself to keep my faith intact in myself. Often in this competitive world, we start seeing our-self as little and small in front of others forgetting what unique gift we carry and instead of competition, how can there contribution of each special unique. How as we grow up, we become so conscious of the world that we forget what we want to live for to fit in the society. How fears of our society breeds fear in us as it's Darwin's world of survival of the fittest.

Through this program, I took a plunge in believing more in myself and dreams and not be decisive about anything. I realized it's okay to leave some ends lose and find them their ties to various edges in your life. I learnt how one action and one emotion dominated many other in my life subconsciously and how from being a dormant part earlier I participated with full enthusiasm this time.


Two beautiful things that stayed with me after the end of the program were - a line said by Abhishek (from Blue Ribbon Movement and Facilitator for Relead) "If you're seeking your calling, your calling is seeking you too" which affirmed my belief after Mirat's visit and a question asked that pay attention to what is flirting with you? My heart is still stuck on the calling of Mumbai City, the calling of the sea that's flirting with me in different ways to come back.

--
Find more about Relead here: http://re-lead.org/

Comments

Popular Posts