Space to "Be" | Rachit's reflection of working in Youth Alliance

Contributor : Rachit Sharma


A question that is often posed to me in different forms, shapes, and sizes is - What made you come back to Youth Alliance? In the year 2014, I was part of 'Onus', a year-long leadership program that the organization hosted. Since then, one end of the thread I was holding remained neatly tied to the spinning loom at Youth Alliance while the other took me to countless rewarding experiences. In moments of challenge, the same thread helped me stitch my shattered hopes, in other times it helped me weave new ones. Among all the things I experienced at Youth Alliance one thing that remains closest to my heart is - the space - space to 'Be'.

I wholeheartedly understand and appreciate the idea of 'doing' but doing without accepting and allowing the being is a broken idea, in my view. Vinobha Bhave has put it in the best way, he says" Sun is the perfect state of being rather than doing. The sun does not have light; it is light. It stays still yet its stillness makes the world go around". It is when we tap into the authentic self that all the values which come naturally to human beings start to show up in the most tangible forms. And it is the space that helps to draw that authenticity. It takes time to wear off the layers and labels..but it is possible. I have seen it emerging. You, as an individual, are the most powerful idea that you'll ever know - I realized meandering through reflections facilitated by Youth Alliance. It was an empowering thought more so because it was personal, and because I wasn't indoctrinated to think a particular way. But there is more to it...

In the last two years, while journeying to the remotest villages I realized that I had an intense urge to listen, understand and 'be' wherever I was. It was then it dawned on me that while I was traversing different landscapes, the space was traversing with me, within me. Every individual is worth given a chance and every story is worth given an ear. It seemed deeply important to me to create and hold spaces where the authenticity of an individual can be celebrated. I threaded my way back to Youth Alliance. It has been an even more empowering journey in these last few months than the thought that paved way for it. 

Presently at Youth Alliance, Rachit primarily looks after the Engagement Process of our flagship programs Gramya Manthan and Earth-Shastra.

Currently we're looking for more passionate people like Rachit, Know more about opportunities open at Youth Alliance here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts