[Gramya Manthan 2016]: Fourth List of Changeagents Invited

RURAL IMMERSION PROGRAM BY YOUTH ALLIANCE


December 17 - 25, 2016
In Villages near Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

We are delighted to share the fourth list of 10 Changeagents invited to Gramya Manthan 2016 - Winter Edition organized by Youth Alliance.

Its our sincere hope that the experience of Gramya Manthan for them opens several doors of deeper exploration of their own self and of the world. And that this journey of theirs with Youth Alliance helps them take some fundamental steps to be more self-driven as individuals and contribute meaningfully to our world.

Here's some empathy coming your way from Calvin & Hobbes! We dive deeper in it & with it during our 9-day adventure and beyond.

calvinhobbesvegan

S. No.NameOccupationOrganisation/InstitutionPlaceThe story only they can tell..
1RiyaStudentNalanda UniversityGaya, Bihar"My dream is to see all people together on the same platform of opportunity in world. I wish to contribute my life to all those people who are in need."
2Nikita JainEmployedKPMG, DelhiDelhi"My life journey so far has been guided by a set of informal rules or by expectations. These norms have largely been self-imposed as a reaction to what I perceive to be the way of the world."
3Arnisha DableyStudentLady Shri Ram College for Women, DUJaipur, Rajasthan"Due to my parents’ transferable job I got the opportunity to explore many districts of the state and was always fascinated by the beauty of open field, huge sand dunes and rough trees."
4HavishaStudentSt. Stephen's CollegeDelhi"I’d like to share a line I read - ‘Young people are work in progress, not yet complete’. I think this holds true for me as well."
5Gourav Ranjan SinhaStudentIIT, RoorkeeHaridwar, Uttrakhand"I had two very nearly death scare accidents in my life."
6Pranav GuptaEmployedSamhita Social Ventures, MumbaiMumbai, Maharashtra"I spent sometime in a meditation retreat in McLeodGanj called Tushita, which was based on Buddhist meditation teachings."
7Avi GuptaStudentSGND Khalsa College, DUBijnor, U.P."I got to know that reality is quite different as maximum elected women are illiterate and they don't know how to work, so there is no development process"
8Shailesh TawarEmployedCiti Corp Services India Ltd, PunePune, Maharashtra"I would love to work as primary teacher and that too in the rural India"
9Tanushree PatelEmployedTeach for India, AhmedabadGujarat, Ahmedabad"I feel my life was always a cake walk for me, whatever I wanted was always there with me. I never had to struggle for anything- whether it may be my favourite pen or my choice of career."
10Syed Rehmatul AyanSelf-EmployedIndependent Roboticist, Business DesignerBengaluru, Karnataka"I believe that formal education or degrees don't actually test the knowledge capabilities of a person"

Comments