Isn't it the best state of mind? - Kirti (GM'13)

Days at Gramya Manthan made me learn that I could not have in years to come, had I not been a part of it. I learned, unlearned there, my constructions are dismantled.

Ecology around was perfect, right people the kinds I always wanted to meet and know, different questions, different motives, the inquisitive minds...

This was a perfect setting for me to know myself and the material inadequacy could hardly make any difference to my satisfaction levels. Thanks to Youth Alliance.

I realized that one thing amidst all this which is actually the base of this perfect setting is the value system of Youth Alliance, which was underlying all the processes at Gramya Manthan. The base structure of the values is strong, tested and have undoubted foundations that can uphold any superstructure of an individual, of a society, of a nation, of the world.



With a good value system within, one can tread any path in life easy, difficult, expected, unexpected, explored, unexplored, old, new, any. Everything falls in place with such foundations, the action part how so much ever difficult, can be comprehended well and performed. The work of Youth Alliance seems to me as that of nourishing roots to make the whole plant healthy roots of India, the roots of its people.

It is said that now a days world is full of competition, almost all human beings, groups and organisations are trying to complete with one or the other and reaching the top but those days we never had conversation about winning the race it was about completing it, enjoying whatever we are doing, it is about understanding, it is about not giving up, never about just winning.

My 3 years of studying Political Science, could not answer my questions of how world can be made a better place to live in. But this small group and their work on roots, makes me hopeful.
Isnt it the best state of mind?




Kirti is a graduate in Political Science from Hindu College, University of Delhi. She is currently pursuing law from Law Faculy, DU. While she is exploring her passions and the world around, she is aligned to the idea of using the tool of law for social welfare and impact. How can legal services be made accessible and affordable to the masses, is what she wants to work on.

Comments